Between peaks of the Vosges and Alsace plain, Riquewihr is a medieval city, located in the heart of the Alsatian vineyard, ranked among the “Most Beautiful Villages of France”.
This beautiful city has managed to combine since centuries the quality of its architecture and its wines, internationally recognized, named “Pearl of the Alsatian vineyard”.
Riquewihr, is an “open air museum” that has preserved its authenticity, behind its walls that only now besieged vineyards which form a unique architectural ensemble.
The type of the Alsatian house in Riquewihr reached its fullest expression with all possible variations of Tudor carved oriel windows, courtyards decorated with old wells and fountains.
• Museums can discover the historical and cultural heritage
• The Tower of Thieves (former prison Riquewihr)
• The Vineyard house of the 16th century
• The Dolder Tower (former defensive gate of the 13th century)
• The Museum of Communication in Alsace which traces the history of the Post and Telecommunications particularly in Alsace
• The House “Hansi”, dedicated to the famous Alsatian illustrator
Beautifully flowered in spring and summer, the city takes its Christmas colors during the season of Advent, in a unique atmosphere that combines the magic of Christmas traditions in Alsace